Thursday 26 November 2009



My first photo was taken in 2004
in Bertam Indah,Kepala Batas.
Another photo was taken in 1983 in Malacca.
Not yet marry or even engaged at that time.
I guess there's not much different, is there?
Well seeing between these two photos, not much that change
except that now I'm a married woman with  kids in (2004).
          I still remember all those pieces of my days during my studies. Yeah..only had a coupled of pictures to hold onto... the
memories... Mostly the bold one, I mean me without my scarf. You know what?   At that time, I'm the shortest teacher among all..ha ha.
Now, to be a tutor and get involved in a Home Tuition is quite some achievement for me. I love it.
   As shown in my previous post, I had a great time in giving my students knowledge & lessons. But a hard time was when I had to
quote the expected rate which was consistent with my
experience and qualification.
Let say if I quote a higher rate of course the parents
would less likely to hire me. Conversely, if I intend
to get students sooner, I may consider it differently.
But anyway I know my effort is too high...and my
attention is so sincere. I do want my students to improve
and grab great success so I had to give and take in a way,
to quote adeptly. Furthermore, I let a home based tuition/
HBT
as my profession now.
But as to compare with others and to be known, let me
highlight a bit of the tuition rate in an agency in KL.

Below are the market rate in KL for referance.
(Tuition fees per hour in RM )
Level UPSR- Part-time Tutor -RM10- RM30 (4x Monthly fees - Rm60/Rm120)
PMR - Part-time Tutor -RM15 - RM35
SPM - Part-time Tutor - RM20 -RM40
Level UPSR- Full-time Tutor -RM25- RM30
PMR - Full-time Tutor -RM30- RM35
SPM - Full-time Tutor - RM35- RM40

Level UPSR - Current School Teacher; RM25
PMR - Current School Teacher; RM30
SPM - Current School Teacher; RM35

No comments:

Post a Comment